Wednesday, June 30, 2010

10 on Tuesday, Beach Reading Edition

This week's 10 on Tuesday? 10 books on my summer reading list.

1. Outlander. I have no idea if I've ever admitted this to anyone, but I keep an autographed copy of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander next to my bed (as with a stack of other books) and I love to read a bit of it on a regular basis. Sometimes it's only a paragraph, sometimes it's 2 or 3 chapters. Great book.

2. Nora Roberts has a new hardcover coming out next Tuesday. I keep saying that I'm going to stop buying her stuff, but I always end up getting it anyways. Her stuff is become predictable, but part of me loves the fact that she can still make me smile. She writes great relationship books.

3. Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter's series. I'm rereading them. I found her series by accident one day at the library. I was pregnant and really sick at the time. This series kept my attention, but I found that I had questions, so I decided to reread them all.

4. I'm working (and I mean working) through Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth. Sigh. I've had some lightbulb moments, some tears and fears, and I'm not sure that any of it is helping. I still eat to cover up anxieties. Baby steps, I guess.

5. Cheap paperbacks found at the library's used book sale. I got about 15 for 5 bucks. Yeah, baby. They are sitting in my library, waiting for me to have time to check them out.

6. I want to read Stieg Larsson's trilogy. I hear that it's impossible to put down, once you start.

7. And for the bored housewife in me, I'm reading Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series. So far, it's exactly what it promised- historical romance at its best. But I'm not reading it to expand my intellectual horizons...oh, there's a joke in there somewhere....

8. Shit My Dad Says, by Justin Halpern. Love it. Makes me laugh, it's quick enough to read a page or two while the kids are busy doing something else.

9. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. The Boy has been obsessed with this book for the last few weeks. We read it daily together. Love the book.

10. The Exile, Diana Gabaldon. It's not out yet. September 21st is the release date. It's a graphic novel, based on Outlander but from Jamie's point of view. Oh, how I wish she just wrote the whole thing. I've never read a graphic novel. I have no idea what it's like. BUT, I'll give it a try. And knowing Diana, I'll love it!

Summer reading, in a nutshell. What about you? What's on your list??

2 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great list!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are HUGE Lorax lovers here. And my Lorax has become quite taken with the story - it floors me that she'll sit through it (or recite it) and she loves the movie too.
I've just started "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" - ok so far.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home