Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm back!

After a much needed break, I'm back from the in-laws. No blogging (or even surfing for that matter. I don't do dial-up and they don't do cable modems) was allowed during that time. My MIL caters to the baby's every need- and to mine for that matter. She's a blessing to have in my life.

DH is back from chasing hockey pucks (with a short business trip added in for good measure). They lost every game. Boo.

I'm working the red non-silk silk cami. It's coming along. I went down a couple of needle sizes so it's taking me longer than anticipated...surprise, surprise.




I'm also working on washcloths for my mom to sell. They are b.o.r.i.n.g. You'd think that they would go quick, but with the baby it's tough to get in more than a few rows at a time. Here's what they look like.





Last night was the last that my knitting teacher taught class. She must be in her 80's and has so much knowledge. With her 30+ years of knitting experience, she helped me and so many other women learn to knit. I went into the class only knowing how to knit and (sometimes) purl and by the end of the first session she gave me the confidence to do so many things. I went from hating to purl to loving it because of her coaxing me. I made my first sweater with her looking over my shoulder. Because of her I can say that I loved learning different stitches, how to read patterns, how to cable, starting Rogue, swearing off cheap fun fur, finishing so many projects I can't even count.... My life is richer because of her. I'll miss her to pieces, but I know that she's ready to retire.

And maybe, just maybe I might be teaching the next session. She put in a good word for me, plus everyone in the class is behind me.

I'm so excited. They haven't started the interviewing process yet and I know I have competition for the position.

Wish me luck. I'll keep ya updated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Wowee! Teaching, eh? I thought very seriously about teaching at the local Michaels but the current job has me on call so I would have a conflict (since Michaels would consider me on their payroll rather than a gun for hire).

Good luck!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home