Friday, May 26, 2006

So Sachi,

She says in my last round of comments to make my own swift.

Ahhh, no.

But as I was looking (obsessing) on the internet at swifts this evening the hubs comes in and says, "Wait. Enlarge that photo. I can make that."

I chuckle and say, "No, I'll just buy one."

I stop, turn around and say, "Really? You can do this?"

He looks at me and says, "Yeah, I can do it. I have all the stuff in the basement, you just need to help me bring it upstairs."

(insert puzzled and slightly frightened facial expression here.)

Be afraid, people. Be very afraid.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

LOLOL!!!! No, no. I would never suggest that you make your own. ;-) In all honesty, I looked over the instructions in detail myself but ended up buying a traditional umbrella style due to lack of table-top space around here. Else I likely would have made one to save money. That bugger (cheap plastic and metal) cost me like $70 and I learned later that the traditional wood one goes for about the same on Knitpicks.

I happened to notice that tonight so swifts and their cost were fresh on my mind when I read your post.

I hope DH really can make you a lovely one!!! That's way exciting! Any time you can get DH to support your knitting, it's a good thing!

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't have one yet I totally suggest you check out this link http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87689.0 If it doesn't work go to Craftster, Knitting, Completed Projects and search "swift". I had to buy the wood and screws but I was able to get everything I needed to make 3 of them for $20.00. Thanks to using the schools table saw I made all thre in about 30 minutes. Totally doaable with just a hand saw but not a fast.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I need a swift too, at least. I spent a good hour or so winding one hank of Cascade 220 over a couple chairs when I was bored at work.

Which you can read about on my blog, btw. I saw your crafter post and added you to my list.

Check me out! http://yeahiknit.blogspot.com/

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home