Friday, May 05, 2006

Well, now what?

Let me just start by saying that I just polished off a great bar of chocolate. That was in preparation for what I'm going to write. If it was any other time of day I would have opened a Magners.

This is a mosaic of the silk cami from Last Minute Gifts.


I've been knitting for a few years and there's still some directions that make me scratch my head and say, "Hunh?"

This is one of those patterns. I didn't get it. I tried repeatedly to follow the directions and they didn't make sense to me.

First of all, I did a swatch. I hate swatching. I'm one of those people who think that if I make something and it doesn't come out as I planned then it wasn't destined for the person and I move it along to someone else. I can't do that with this. Like I said before, I swatched and it came out perfect. But as I started to go along, the piece seemed really big. Really, really big. *GULP* It should be a small. "Should be" won't work for a cami. I'm hanging out of this thing.

(Ok, the fact that it fits me is a sign that I didn't make a small. Not that I'm big, but I'm carring a bit of a middle area 'cause of the baby. My waist is not a small. lol)

I ripped out most of the front because it was coming out weird, plus I had 2 extra stitches.

The directions for the back made no sense. None.

Ugh!

They also don't show a photo of the back. That would help. I'm a visual kind girl and I can usually tell what the -f- is going on with it from a photo.

So, do I scrap it and make her something small and quick??

I hate to waste the project, but I don't think in my heart I can give it to her.

Let me think on this. I'm going to post a message on Craftster. Maybe someone on there will have an idea.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Can't help with the directions unless I see them. In any case, I may not be any help at all because I've only been knitting for about a year. :-/ I'm sure the project is not a waste. Maybe just not for her....

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea... but I wanted to let you know that I started a knitting blog too! perhaps you will recognize some of the yarn in it....

http://nirethak.livejournal.com/

3:09 PM  
Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

I think I read a post about that cami in Crafster recently and the girl also said it came out way big so she had to add ribbons in the back to adjust the size and make it wearable...

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home