Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Cheater.

OK, so you know how you go on a diet. You're all set- you've bought fresh veggies, you shop for new work out clothes, you throw out all the crap in your cupboards, you do well for about 3 days and then you start to get that feeling. You know that feeling, that nawing, that little voice inside your head that says...go ahead...eat that piece of cake. Grab that chocolate chip cookie....go ahead, you'll work out twice as long tomorrow....you deserve a break....do it, do it, do it!

And that craving just doesn't go away. No matter what you do. You keep yourself busy-knitting, computering, talking on the phone, chasing after the boy. Then one day you snap. Maybe you had a rough day at the office. Maybe it was a long commute home. Maybe you just throw your hands up and say screw it.

Well, I have a confession. I cheated the other night on the knitting nightmare diet. I know, I know, I know. One book. I got it on sale. And it's a sock book. I don't have too many of those, unless you ask Hubs, and what does he know about collecting? I've resisted for so long, my friends. All that came to a screeching halt after receiving a Barnes and Noble coupon. Damn them.

But ohhh, the getting's good.

Go ahead, call me a cheater. I got my big girl panties on and I can take it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

BUSTED!!!

I have that book too. I already had two standard sock pattern books, but SKS...it has changed my life. It's so good I'm thinking about getting it bound at the copy shop because it's looking a little tired.

It's not your fault. It's too good a book to pass up. They shouldn't make knitter crack like that if they don't want you to buy it.

There's an errata page for the book, too:

http://www.martingale-pub.com/

I would have put the whole link, but it made the word wrap curl up and die. Just in case they haven't corrected the next pressing.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want a food diet you wouldn't starve yourself right? So don't starve yourself on your knitting diet either. Everything in moderation! (am I a genius or what?)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! As someone who has:

1. Joined a gym
2. Joined Weight Watchers
3. Stopped smoking (almost 2 years ago)

I know your pain. But one thing that all of the above have taught me is that you have to be realistic about your goals. :)

And I have the book you ordered, just so you know, and it's FABULOUS. Worth every penny.

BTW, I met you during Blogger Bingo, if you're at all confused who this weird lady is. It was really great to meet you!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home