Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Does This Count As Lace?



I'm thinking yes.

Isabeau Shrug is one of Chez Plum's many patterns.

I'm doing it on Elann's Endless Summer Connemara in a really pretty lilac color. I love Connemara! If you are looking for a cheap and soft(after washing it's super soft)cotton yarn I recommend it.

The cuff is so pretty. The whole pattern is so feminine, it almost has a Victorian feel to it, atleast in my mind.

There's clever decreases that cause a little ridge. I love that.

And the yarn overs. I'm awful. I have to admit that I'm a bit ADD when it comes to lace. I have to count stitches every other row or so because I tend not to pay as close attention as I should. But the yarn overs are making a pattern that is perfect for the shrug. I'm enjoying this. It's a good first lace project, I think.

I finished Tempting. It's blocking. And since the sun hasn't come out since January, or so it seems, I don't know when I'll get outside to take photos. As it is these were taken on Hub's chair. If he knew that I laid knitting on his chair, I'm sure he'd do the invisible cootie spray to get the girlie funk off of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger SylvChezPlum said...

Oh Yum, this colour is soooo pretty !!! I just can't wait to see it finished !!! :-D

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Yummy! I'm in love with that yarn.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Laural said...

Ooooh it's so pretty! I can't wait to see your Tempting too!

p.s. I thing the word verification people are ticked at you I have the longest verification letter set ever!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home