Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And We're Back.

We are back from vacation. I realized a few things while away and just after our return.

First, taking a break from knitting doesn't stop the ache in the wrist (although it made if feel somewhat better, the pain hasn't gone fully away). It didn't stop me from having thoughts and dreams of Eris either. It also didn't stop me from looking for a yarn shop in the tiny town we were in. And yes, I googled up before we left. I was just hoping one opened magically somewhere.

Second, the world goes on without us just fine. My kid pretended like I didn't just leave him for almost 3 days at grandma's house. He didn't reach out for me or really seem to care that I walked through the door. He smiled at me, but continued sitting on her lap like nothing happened.

Third, people die. Suddenly. A pseudo relative passed suddenly while we were gone. She was in her 70's and died peacefully in her sleep. She will be missed. She was always good to my son, buying him gifts here and there.

Fourth, while visiting what I always thought of as my dream hometown I realized that it wasn't for me. Well, not 100%. There were spiders the size of small dogs walking around everywhere! Ok, like the size of dimes- but to someone who is deathly afraid of them- that's big. They were everywhere. In the outside of the screens, in the stores, OVER OUR BED!! Eeeek! Thankfully Hubs is a good hunter and has no problemo disposing of certain creepies. Ew.

Fifth, Hubs' grandpa is getting old quick. He's in his early 80's and is having trouble like he's never had before. Everyone always said he'd live to be 100, but he's going downhill quickly and it's painful to watch. Can ya say a prayer for him. Not that he'll get better necessarily, but just think of him. OK?

And how come it always is sunny on the day you come home??

Photos of Eris tomorrow.

:)

3 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Glad you had fun! The spider would be a problem for me too. And my hubby isn't a good hunter! He is manly and strong and tough but he has his weakness and that would be spiders! Yuck! We're a arachnophobic family!

Welcome back! Here's hoping you didn't bring and of those babies back home with you in your luggage!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Trust me, we looked and looked. I checked his car too.

Bleck!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Stalker Angie said...

Glad you had a wondeful vacation and yeah, I would have just left the room with spiders in it. In fact, I would have left town. Just...no. Eww.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home