Friday, July 07, 2006

Behold...

Well, well, well.

This is the swift.
THE swift. It works pretty good, considering it's my hubs first time trying and he had no idea what a swift was, never mind how to make it once he figured out what I was talking about. It needs a larger washer because it squeaks every time one of the arms passes over the base. And it's a smidge small for a 60" skein.

I love it. I'm so proud of my husband. He even painted it!

Note the perfectly rolled ball of yarn. That's the next project, waiting patiently for me to finish Isabeau. (weaving in ends, sewing arms, doing the picot edge, light blocking...that's all it needs)

It will be a pair of socks. Probably a Christmas gift. If I do one gift a month from now until Dec. I'll have all the gifts I need for people. Of course, I have hubs birthday (promised him a pair of socks) and my grandmother's birthday in between. Better get grooving on those gifts....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

OK. The fact that he painted it scores him some major knitter-brownie points! Well done, hubby!!!!

Now... about that spindle...

5:14 PM  
Blogger Sara M said...

hurrah for handy males :D That's cool!

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home