Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Breaking The Monogamy

When I started to knit I got so excited that I started 4 projects, all at the same time. It seemed like it took years before I finished even 1 of them. During the process of the 4 projects, I'd be crazy enough to sometimes cast on even more things. Keep in mind that I was knitting 2 things at this point- baby blankets and scarves. Borrrring, I know.

After a few months I realized that I could not keep casting on and not finishing. So I finished up what I had, only casted on 2 things at a time and it only seemed like I'd finished a project every 3 months or so.

Now I am a one project girl. Not that my projects are mindblowingly difficult but I like to remember patterns and if I'm doing more than one project I have a tough time doing that. I also like projects to flow from my hands. It's hard to do with 3 projects going on at once.

Well, two days ago I broke monogamy. I started Eris, even though I'm in the middle of a sock.


After ripping Eris back 12,000 times (or so it felt) I decided to work on it only for 1 to 3 hours a day. I have to go slow through the cables with all of Girl From Auntie's patterns. They take time to build. It's artwork, I swear. These 3 inches of cable took me 2 days. TWO DAYS! This sweater will be a gift for my mother in law. I was hoping for Christmas, but it might turn into Mother's Day.

It still doesn't look right. *SIGH*

If you are interested in an Eris knitalong, check out this post.

Here's a shot of the sock in progress, coming along nicely.

4 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Eris is going to be reeeeeally nice. Such a beautiful color!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Eris! Hey what kind of sock are you making?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

It's from the Sensational Knit Socks book. I'm not sure what the pattern is, some twisted, holey thing. I bet you just want to add it to your list, don't you?? lol

1:38 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

OMG the sock is amazing!!!!!! And Eris is lovely. I MUST make one.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home