Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Isabeau Shrug- DONE!



Let me start by saying that this project was a pleasure to do. The lace is an easy pattern to remember, it's easy to find and fix errors you may make. (trust me, I made a few in the beginning.) First of all, I don't love lace. Well, I love how others do it and have a very deep appreciation for those who have the ability. I don't have it in me. But this made the wheels in my head turn. I'm almost ready to try other lace projects. (Eeeek!)

Secondly, I did not use the recommended yarn. Nor did I swatch. The fact that it shows arm fat is entirely my own fault. The pattern is written for a certain gauge and I did not check it, therefore it's small on me. I take responsibility for that fact. I'm a tight knitter too, which doesn't help matters.

I've said this before, if I make something and it doesn't me or the intended, it goes to someone else. Sometimes fate has it's own ideas on who gets gifted with what and it's out of my control.

And I'm ok with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

You can totally do lace. I just have to get over the fact that my lace projects will take a year plus to complete. Once I accept that, I will be fine.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home