Sunday, July 09, 2006

Like I need it.

I swear, to me- in my eyes, yarn is crack. I take a hit, then yearn for more. Crave, crave, crave until I can't stand it any longer. Then I squelch the beast by purchasing more. The yearning always comes back. Yarn stores are crack pushers. I try so hard to avoid them. But they seem to be on every corner. Books pertaining to knitting I consider to be like cocaine- it gets me high but once I read it then I get sad and need more.

Knitting magazines. Like an 8 ball waiting to explode.

I'm now a paying subscriber to Interweave Knits. I can't tell you how excited I am that I did this one tiny thing for myself. I've been asking everyone for a subscription since 2004. Sooo excited. I might just start camping out in front of the mailbox til the next issue comes out. So what if it's not until mid-August??

2 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

hehehe I'm glad I'm not the only sufferer... but then, I sort of knew I wasn't. I broke down and subscribed to IK a few months back too.

BTW, an enabler from my S&B just pointed out that there's an AMAZING fiber shop very near my home. I'm going to kill him. They've got wheels, spindles, silk and aplaca roving. I'm so going to kick his ass when I see him Thursday. They're open until 8:00 PM. Did I mention that I'm going to strangle him?

3:41 AM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

It's on my Amazon wish list :-)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home