Saturday, July 01, 2006

Spinning

I want to learn how to spin. I've wanted to know since first learning how to knit. The woman who sat next to me during my first ever knitting class 4 years ago was spinning. I was fastinated and she offered to show me what she was doing, but I wanted to focus on one thing at a time. Now I regret it. I have no idea where to start. Logically, I should go to my lys. I've been looking online and on ebay for months at different wheels. I have NO idea what makes a good wheel, or for that matter how to even get started. I checked around for a spinning guild in my area and it doesn't meet again until the fall. Bummer. Anyone know someone who's looking to sell a gently-used wheel?

It's a creative dream.

I love hearing myself write that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

No that I need to feed your addictions but try starting here.

Then here are instructions on how to make a drop spindle. But then again, here are instructions for making one using a CD.

D'you think maybe I've researched this before????

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home