Sunday, August 20, 2006

Baby Sweaters Are Sweet.

I love baby sweaters. To know that something I made will keep another little person warm and snuggly gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. A dear friend is expecting her first son and her baby shower is coming up. The date keeps changing so I decided to put down the second mitten and get cranking on the sweater. I honestly thought it was going to take much, much longer than it has.

Here's the the back and two fronts.




And the wrong side of the sleeves.



What am I doing photographing the wrong sides?? I have no idea.

Anyways, I'm working with Elsbeth Lavold's silky wool. What's up with the pieces of hay and straw in this yarn? It's supposed to be designer- doesn't that mean no prickly stuff in it??

2 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

We'll want pics of the wrong side when you're done to inspect your seaming ;-) so you're just practicing...

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I read in Knitters Review that the yarn goes through a different type of process that's less harsh. It keeps the wool softer, but the downside is the bits of hay left in. At least it's easy to pick out. I had one type of yarn that had like, snarly thorny shit in it!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home