Thursday, August 03, 2006

I Dream Of Knitting Class

Ever think to yourself- "Wow, I'd love to take a class on _____."

Yeah, I do that alot.

I want to learn to spin. I want to learn how to spin with a yearning that I can't describe. I know I can't afford a wheel right now so I'm putting it off. Also, no where near me has classes available. Even my local guild isn't having meetings until the fall.

I'd love to learn new cast on methods. I've heard that there's over 80!! I know maybe 4. Why isn't anyone teaching this?

I've been meaning to take a class on finishing. Because I know it makes a finished product look 1000 times better when you have beautiful seams.

And on entrelac. Beautiful, just beautiful.

And learning how to knit cables without a needle. I can picture it in my head, but I really have no idea how to do it.

And a designing class. There's a design I'd love to make but getting from paper to the needles just seems impossible.

And mittens, because if I have ANY hope in winning this prize for my Bitchin' Mittens, I need all the help I can get. Look at this! How do you compete with this??

How about you? What classes do you dream of??

6 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

You name it, I want it.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there's LOTS of prizes. But the BEST prize is the one you give to YOURSELF for doing the mittens. That's the challenge behind the whole thing. And you now you can do it. Why not? Afraid of a little fun? Bwahahaha! JUST DO IT!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Sara M said...

BOOKS! I learned most of those from books - Vogue and Interweave are good for teaching yerself.

So, yeah, I long for books :D

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the finishing class. That's my biggest weakness and I'm very hard on myself.

I'm taking a sewing class next month through our local university's informal classes. I am very excited about that but I just hope I don't get so addicted that it takes away from my knitting.

10:30 AM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

The spin class in fall will give you something to work towards, and look forward to!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Not to discourage you from taking classes, because it's fun and probably the best way to learn anything, but:

How to cable without a cable needle

http://www.grumperina.com/cables.htm

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home