Friday, August 25, 2006

Sweetness- Done



I'm calling this Sweetness.

It should be called Karma, but Sweetness sounds better for a baby sweater. (Yeah, I made yet another one. Why are so many my age having babies?? Oh, maybe because I'm not 18 anymore.)

The story behind Sweetness, or Karma, is pretty cool. When I was pregnant with the boy I was constantly sick. Constantly. I started taking meds for it after 14 weeks, almost 6 of those consisted of me coming in and out of the hospital for dehydration. When I didn't feel like cooking or smelling food or cleaning up we'd go out to eat. Ok, so we pretty much went out to eat every night.

There's a local irish pub that we love going to. They have the best cranberry scones (instead of bread) on each table. I love these things. One night I begged the waitress for more. She gave me 5 to take home! Every time after that she'd bring me some extra. She always asked how I was, what was new, if I needed anything.




A few months after the baby came we stopped in one time for dinner. She told us that she was expecting! We didn't see her again for a long time. Go figure that people don't bring babies into the local bar, hunh?

Well, we were there the other night and I asked about her. Come to find out she had the baby earlier in the month. Welcome Keane!

So, the baby sweater is for him. And her. Because sweetness gets you much more in this world.

Karma is good.






PS Feel free to keep asking the questions. Or ask in your blog if anyone has questions for you. Great idea, Dave! ;) I'll have the answers for you on Monday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO cute! I like the contrast between the colors, it's a great combination. Congratualtions on finishing it.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

The cardigan is beautiful. I need to learn how to make one of those.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love it! The colors are perfect. Another great job.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Sara M said...

definitely good karma! what a great story :D

4:45 PM  
Blogger Stephieface said...

How sweet!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Orlop =) said...

That's really cute. Did you make this from the top of your head or did you follow a pattern?
http://orliskfp.blogspot.com

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home