Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sienna Cardigan- Done!



Sienna Cardigan, IK, Fall 2006.

What a sweater. It was a super quick knit- just over 2 weeks and that's with doing 2 other projects at the same time. I could not get the left and right fronts to match. Not even close. You can blatantly tell that the cables are different sizes. Ugh. I think this might have turned me off from cardigans for a while.

Otherwise, it's pretty. A little "mature", if I can call it that. I love, love, love the collar. I did fewer rows than called for, because I didn't have my gauge correct and it looked HUGE!



My Forest Canopy shawl is coming along swimmingly. I took a break from it yesterday to finish Sienna, but I'm back in the groove again. If you are looking for an easy shawl pattern or even an easy lace pattern I highly suggest this pattern.





Ummm, Susan, this is how it's supposed to look, right?? (hey, go look at her blog. Imagine that being what you see every morning?? Ekkk! It's beautiful. Even with the snow!)



In true Sunflowerfairy form, I've made one noticeable mistake. I saw it after 10 rows, considered ripping back and said screw it. I know what I did wrong (kept purling all the way to the edge when I should have K the last 2 stitches) and honestly I could have attempted to rip out those last 2 stitches. But this shawl is for my Mom and I know that she's going to love it, mistake and all. I have been absolutely anal about counting stitches every even row and if I didn't do that the shawl would have been in the trash. This project has given me the basic skills I'll use when making a more difficult project- I learned how to pick up forgotten yarn overs, which I never had the balls to do before. I've always ripped back and started the row over, which is a total waste of time.

In other news, I'm still sick. I'm on the upswing though. Hubs bought me a piece of heaven the other night to make me feel better. My nose was still runny and I was still hacking away. But I was happy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara M said...

hot tea work?

6:04 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

To a certain extent, yes.

I had a bout of insomnia- no I wasn't taking medication to help the cold for the last few days. I have no idea why it happened. So, I stopped drinking the tea after noon or so. But yes, when I did drink it with lots of honey, it helped. I started just drinking warm water because I'd get "the chillies" and that always helps me feel warm.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great! Sounds like it was a real chore, though. At least your end result is cool :)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks right to me, Heidi. How's the border coming along?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal response to most small mistakes is to think of those artisans (I forgot which tradition this came out of) who purposely introduced errors into their work, so as not to be "perfect" - that is reserved for God/diety. So I just think to myself, well, now I won't have to introduce one - it's already there!

3:59 PM  
Blogger tb said...

Ice cream is bad for colds...it builds mucus...probably not really what you want to hear, but it might help to stay away from dairy until you're all better. Your work is beautiful, esp that shawl!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home