Friday, September 29, 2006

Sniffing It Out

I swear I can sniff out yarn where ever I go, as long as it's within a 2 mile radius.

Laugh all you want, I'm not the only one who can do this.

The Boy and I went to the Big E yesterday.

Yes, I went alone. No, it didn't bother me. Yes, strangers asked where my husband was. No, no one tried to kidnap me or Jack. Any other questions?

Anyways, I was walking through Vermont (For you out-of-towners, the Big E has different houses for each of the New England states. These houses highlight just some of what each state has to offer. I overheard one lady ask where the New York house was. Um, that's another fair....)and I saw a set of spinning wheels. Then I saw yarn, and these.



AHA! Those are my new igneous rock, namely granite, buttons. Beautiful, aren't they?? Heavy as anything, but will make a cool addition to something, right?

So, as I'm purchasing the buttons I see a sign (yes, I'm of the purchase first, look around second, nature) that says "Llama" something or other. That's when I put two and two together. I asked if they had llama roving.

They did.

Now I do too.



It's *killing* me that it has to sit in my closet until I get a wheel.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that poor alpaca down. It doesn't have to sit, despondent, in your closet. I'd GLADLY take it off your hands. Just offering...

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

You know, I'm really a much better friend to you than Dave, don't you think? Just think of how happy you could make my wheel if you sent over a new friend for her?

Oh, BTW, those buttons KICK ASS!!!!! I need some!!!!

12:01 AM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Gives you something awesome to look forward to! I'm excited for you!

8:07 AM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I want to go to the BigE!!! But David is at Germany!!! And no, I can't go alone because I'll buy the entire yarn area out! I went to NH last year, or maybe VT, and bought a skein of yarn and made a scarf out of it. I will let you know what I got when I get to the BigE! :)

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

llama roving! OH MY! i have a wheel! comehere right now so i can watch you spin. i bet it's wonderful.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home