Sunday, September 10, 2006

This Should Have Been The Contest.





Do you know who this woman is??

She is one of the best authors I've ever read. Repeatedly. Her name is Diana Gabaldon, author of the Outlander series. When she comes out with a new book I start at the first one and read until I finish the new one.

I drove 2 and a half HOURS by myself to see her. And it was worth it. She's funny and has such an infectious smile. She tells great (surprise, surprise) stories too. As I'm driving up I thought *CRAP, I should have emailed Dave! I'm so close to Boston! We could have had tea or felt up yarn or something.*

And proving how small the world is, the woman standing next to me was from a town over from me. Small, smalll world indeed.



And this is Seinna Cardigan from IK Fall 2006. All parts are done, I just need to lightly block and sew together, plus knit the neckline. Too cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Wow, you're cute! That is you on the left, yeah?

Hurray on finishing up your sweater pieces too. I just finished the back of the plain vest from heck tonight ^_^

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny, where was the book signing being held? (And tell me, off-blog, where abouts you are.) Yeah, the world seems to get smaller every day.

8:34 AM  
Blogger SifaSeven said...

That's AWESOME you got to meet her, too! I love her books too :)

And it's good to "meet" ya, finally!

Skyangel Annie

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home