Friday, September 01, 2006

What I've Been Searching For.

I've been looking for an easy lace shawl to do for my mom for Christmas. It's not easy to find, let me tell you. I didn't want to do a boring stockinette stitch triangle, but I know I'm not ready to commit myself to something intricate.

And then I see this. *DROOL*

It's one skein and it's an easy pattern with just the right amount of holey prettiness.

Hmmmm.

In knitting news I've started a sweater pattern from Interweave Knits Fall 2006. For me. Yeah, screw holiday knitting. Well, just for the next week or so. I'm finally using wool sent to me by a sweet friend in Ireland (HI HUGGY!) and it's moving along swiftly. I've never done an IK pattern before, so this should be interesting.

And in contest news I only have one person so far with 100% of the answers right (go Nerdie, I knew it would be you...lol) so keep those responses coming. You have until Midnight tonight.

Classes start next Wednesday so I won't be able to attend SnB any more or atleast for awhile. I'm bummed. They really welcomed me into their circle. I'll still be at Monday's gathering, you guys can't get rid of me that easily. lol

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Go me! I love it when my obsessiveness pays off.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, which sweater is it? I think you are the first blogger to dip into that issue.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo which IK pattern are you doing?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That's a cute shawl! The Swallowtail shawl from the Winter IK has been pretty easy so far too. It's a six row repeat and half are purl rows. I'm not sure about the edging, but no ones had a big gripe with it yet that I've read.

What class are you taking? I must have missed it in my haze of work and drowsiness.

5:50 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I bet your mom will love the shawl. Presents made with someone's own two hands have so much more heart.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home