Friday, October 13, 2006

Filler

I swear I've been knitting.

I'm making a scarf for my aunt. Someday I'm going to teach my family the benefits of wool or cotton. Instead they buy this god-awful Lion Brand crap that I hate. So, no photos. No photos, because I'm embarrassed to be seen with this crap.

Hubs' gift is coming along. The back is done and the front is up to the armpits. We're going to be in a holding pattern for a few days, but I'm happy with the way it's coming out. I'd take a photo, but it looks like a big brownish blob.

His birthday is also coming up quick, like in 10 days. No, I don't have a gift for him. Yes, I'm crapping myself. I'll figure something out.

Last night we met family from Scotland. Anne is my mother in law's cousin. She's 81. It was her first time on a plane and the first time she's been to the states. It was 58 degrees yesterday afternoon and she said it was hot. (What?!Hot??!) Hubs said that she has a twinkle in her eye. I called it a bit of "fairy mischief". And she was a knitter, before her hands gave out on her. Lovely, lovely woman.

No spinning wheel to speak of. Damn it. I'm waiting for Rhinebeck. I asked Hubs to consider it my Christmas gift. And if I could spend more money. I really wanted Rhinebeck to be a roving mission only, but it seems like it's turning into a much more expensive trip.

Oh, my husband's poor wallet.

You got a commission check this month, right honey??

6 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

I am with you on the cheap yarn. My MIL keeps trying to be supportive of my knitting by buying me yarn but she always gets the cheap stuff. I am making her a scarf out of Karabella cashmere/merino to hopefully show her the difference.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Oh, spinning... You're in so much trouble.... That bug bit you hard.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss the Sheep & Wool Fest! I can't call it Rhinebeck because I grew up nearby and Rhinebeck is the name of the *town* and I confuse easily. I have not been since I started knitting.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Hey - I might take you up on that road trip plan to Rhinebeck. I should know for sure after this weekend. What day are you going up (you can email me privately!)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Sunflowerfairy, I'll make you a drop spindle and give it to you at Rhinebeck, if you like. I'll be there both days. Drop spindles are more portable than wheels, anyway. ;)

5:34 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

wooo... Rhinebeck! I'll be there :) Although I don't know how much of money I got left after the house, but there is always that one skien I gotta have... :) Let me know when you are going! :)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home