Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Next.


My next husband is going to be a smaller man. Like, midget size. Seriously. I'm knitting his holiday gift. I'm trying to surprise him. That means I can only knit when he's not home. Ok, I'm home alot. It shouldn't be a problem, right? No. The Boy "helps" mommy knit, which means I'm constantly pulling yarn or needles out of his fingers, mouth, and nose. So I wait for him to nap. That means I have about 2 hours daily to handknit a sweater for a man who is 6 plus feet tall.

Tellin' ya, my next husband is going to be a gold fish.

And just like many, many other knitbloggers, I've been bitten by the spinning bug.



Thank god for the library.

Now if I could just find a wheel, we'd be all set.

And all you who read my blog- I know who you are! I wanna see your quirks! Post them in your own blog and pass it along, will ya?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara M said...

spin him some yarn and teach him to knit instead ;)

5:34 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I love the color and texture! What yarn are you using?

6:24 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Hmmm still thinking about the quirks, but have you thought of using a drop spindle to spin? YOu can make one out of a cd and a piece of dowel! My son (age 4) LOVES the drop spindle and "helps"

colleen
www.rabiesonmyshoe.blogspot.com

10:58 AM  
Blogger RC said...

Hello Sunflowerfairy!

You guessed 13 and the actual number was 14! You were the Second Closest guesser and so get the a really great, but not Grand Prize ! Congratulations!
Send me your snail mail addy and I'll get the prize in the mail to you!

thanks for playing!

Colleen

Rabid Crafter C

3:52 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Man projects intimidate me a little too. I was going to make my dad a pair of socks, but then I thought about how many skeins of fingering weight I'd need for his size 11 feet, and the size 1 needles, and started to wince. I'll have to do it in a six ply yarn one day.

My perks are up, if you would like to read them.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

I second the drop spindle suggestion. My dream wheel is a Wyatt great wheel, but in the meantime I'll use the drop spindle I made a few weeks ago.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home