Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rhinebeck- The Whole Story

I went with a blogger, Eklectika.

I met bloggers. Zarzuela Knits. Please go and adore her, I do.

No photos, but I also met January One, Tina of Phoenix Fiberworks, Mrs. Alpaca (and new bunny owner) Addict, and Blitheringknitiot.

I also saw Hello Yarn, but she was occupied on her cell phone and as much as I wanted to run up and hug her and thank her for her awesome Cherry Garcia pattern, I contained myself and moved on.

I met Margene and she's lovely. Are all Utah-ians are as nice as her?

If I forgot you in my list of bloggers I met, leave me a comment and remind me, please.

Ok, moving on.

Here's photos of my catch-

Beautiful white Ramie. I have no idea what this stuff is, people. I felt it, it feels like clouds, I'm a sucker for clouds, I bought it.




Hand dyed merino. It begged me for a home.





100% silk. First purchase of the day. I had no idea what a good price for silk was, but I knew that if I left it someone would snag it from me. Gorgeous.




Pretty, soft, pink. What more could a girl want?




This is a surprise. We have no idea what it is, really. It's a wool and acryllic franken-roving. It's soft and light.





The last purchase of the day. She gave me a good deal. ;) Corridale wool. Whatever that is. It's almost a pound that I got for under 20 bucks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's hand dyed too.




Yarn Harlot, the sock (I got my photo taken with the sock! EKK!) Me, and the Elf- who I'll introduce soon, I promise.

Why the hell do I always look so awful in every photo? I'm really not that nasty looking in person, I swear.


And what I came home to.



Hmm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your haul. Quite an impressive assortment of fibers. But I REALLY loved the photo of what you came home to. That's priceless.

4:27 PM  
Blogger nihal said...

oh bliss! i love that cloudy looking material it must be very soft.

1:49 AM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I'm loving the white ramie. It looks like a cloud, almost as it should be used for a baby in some way. Lovely!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to let me feel the cloud!

I see you met Zarzuela. Did you know she used to come to our SnB? Oh yeah. I didn't get to see her though. Saturday was too crowded.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

*I'm like totally blushing here.*

Wow! Those are some very nice finds you have yourself there! The acrylic made me giggle, I have to admit. You *must* let us all know how that spins up! Awesome that you got your pic with Stephanie too. :) Glad I got to meet you in person. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

9:22 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Oh yay!!! I didn't think the files went through to you!

*claps happily*

And guess what I'm blogging about right now, lol...

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home