Monday, October 30, 2006

Saying Goodbye, Halloween Costume and Broken Trees

My best friend is moving to Tokyo on Sunday. I'm petrified and excited for her. It's not expected to be for longer than a year, but I'm still going to miss her like mad. I just hope she sends home good stuff (read:yarn). We said goodbye in our typical ways- eating chocolate, steak, cupcakes and getting drunk. We also saw Annie Leibovitz's exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. Funny, disturbing, sad and lovely. All wrapped into one.

We had a nasty storm with high winds this weekend. Here's what I woke up to on Saturday:




And The Boy can now tell everyone that his mommy rocks in regards to costume making:





I didn't have a pattern and I did not use a single pin. Mom, be proud. Be very proud.



I'll take a photo of him in it and maybe post it with the face blurred. My kid is going to be the best damn blonde hair, blue eyed indian ever.

Hubs keeps asking where he's going to wear it (it's not like I can drag my 1 year old out trick or treating). Does that really matter? Obviously he's so not a crafter. I forgive him.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a VERY cool costume!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Do you have any neighbors that you know well? I always love when my neighbors bring their babies dressed up and one or two houses is worth it.

The costume is awesome! I can't wait to see him in it.

2:35 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I'm sorry your friend is leaving, that's really hard. The costume is super cool!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Cute costume!

One of the trees at my sister's place dropped a branch on the hood of her car. I love the weather in the northeast, but sometimes it doesn't like *us*.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

You rock so hard.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the same move to Tokyo at the end of July. Yes, it is far, but your friend will be alright! It is a great place, and a great place for crafting!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home