Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quick Glance.


This is the desk in Hub's and my home. Technically, it's his desk.

Anyhow, this is the latest project that I managed to finish. It's a sweater for The Boy, who turns one (EKK!) on Saturday. I decided to make him one every year on his day.

It's also a glimpse into my life right now. I'm in the midst of writing a 10 page paper on the historical figures buried in the Grove Street Cemetery. The paper is coming along swimmingly, except for the masses of paperwork strewn about my house. I managed 10,000 plus steps (according to the pedometer) yesterday in the cemetery, taking the tour, taking photos, and taking some time for silent reflection. Cemeteries give me the heebie-geebies but at the same time I'm drawn to them. Gotta love being a gemini.

You can see a note to myself to try and call for Oprah tix, but I wasn't home Friday so I missed it. Damn. Next time. You can see the Magner's hard cider from last night, empty.

You can also see the Paton's True North wrapper. I've been looking for more of this stuff for ages now and since it's been discontinued, I can't get my paws on any. It's not the DK kind, it's worsted weight. I bought it on clearance- all 20+ balls of it. Well, I'm out.

Which brings me back to the sweater. I wanted to make The Boy a sweater every year and I thought it would be cool to make it from the same yarn, eventually I'll run out though. I need to add buttons. I put snaps in after I noticed that I forgot buttonholes.

I'm still working on Hub's sweater, the 2 aunt scarves and a lace shawl, which I'm running out of yarn for. Craptastic. I know I have to get more done, sooner, but school is, well...school and a priority.

Anyhow, I love finding new blogs. Another blog had a list of not-so-well-known knitblogs and since I love this idea, I'm copying it. Feel free to do the same.

Here's a few knitbloggers that you need to check out-

Go Knit In Your Hat. Hysterical.

Lilith Parker's Lair of Lunacy. Check out the green cabled hat she made recently. I'm dying for the pattern.

Rabies on My Shoe Generous, to say the least.

And Issues With Knitting.

Go check em out....go!

Hope all is well with everyone in blogland!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Thanks for the mention! And that sweater looks adorable. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Cute sweater! :) Ambitious of you to plan one for each year. I hope he doesn't end up being 7 feet tall! ;)

Jessica

9:49 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I do love The Boys new sweater. Save it for his child when he grows up! The ulimate hand-me-down!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home