Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dear Person Who Finds My $30.00 In Target's Parking Lot.

Dear Stranger,

I know I went to Target the other night with atleast $30 bucks in my pocket. It might have been more like $50 (gulp) I don't know. Anyways, I put the cash in my back pocket and when I went to pay, it was gone. I checked my wallet, the car, the diaper bag. No luck.

Use it well. Buy yourself something good, don't spend it on Aunt Helen's favorite stinky perfume or towards a stupid overpriced video game that you'll only end up ignoring your wife and kids if you had.

I have a feeling that you needed it more than I did. Fate, kharma, prayers answered- whatever you believe in- has a way of giving and taking.

It was "extra" money. I babysit for a 2 year old once a week and his mom asked me to watch him twice. I was going to use the money to buy gifts that we really don't need anyways.

I hope it cheered your day up. Oddly, somewhere inside me it cheered me up knowing that I lost it and hopefully go to a needy home.

Happy Holidays, oh stranger who finds my money.

I'm trying not to obess on how much *roving* that could have bought me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. Thank you for that.

9:23 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I HATE losing money. You have a great attitude about it, but what else can you do?

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...that is so much more Zen than I would be. :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home