Friday, December 01, 2006

Gray Yarn For A Gray Day


It's raining here.

There's nothing worse than rainy fall days in New England. It's cold, but not cold enough for gloves and a hat, everyone has their heat on so you sweat whenever you go into a store. It's just yucky.

The issue with the too much spin and not enough take up is fixing itself. I messed with the tension a bit, practiced more and it's getting better. I still have to stop sometimes and hand-wind the yarn, working the kinks out, but it is improving. I spun into the night, stopping when my eyes felt like they were crossing. This morning I sat down and looked at the yarn. Notice the bottom left hand side nastiness? I kept pushing the roving into the flyer before it was spun. Just like knitting- don't spin when you are tired.

And can I call myself a spinster now??

Thanks for all the kind words. And welcome to the new commenters!

2 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Love the gray. Looks quite soft. Must feel so rewarding in the end to have spun the yarn and knitted something lovely. You are quite talented, I must say.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

It's looking good! I might be able to come over on Thursday, if you still want me to help out. :-)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home