Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I Forgot.

How could I have forgotten all about it? Was it the spinning? Was it Thanksgiving? Was it The Boy's big birthday celebration?

My new washing machine was installed on the 20th of November!!

I hate doing clothes. Well, honestly I don't mind laundry, it's where my washer and dryer are located that freak me out. I'm completely phobic of spiders and it seems like they love that area of my house. (hey, atleast it's not my bedroom. shudder)

When the washer broke I had literally a week's worth of wash down there- ok, maybe more. We had no clean towels. I had 20 people coming over....bad, bad, bad.

Hubs and I went to Lowes and picked out a new washer. We picked one out that had the bear essentials- but I wanted one with a big basket. I swear I could fit in this thing. We go through towels like crazy in my house. Thursdays alone we go through 5-7 towels, depending on hockey games and baby swim class. It's a well known name brand with a great warranty. It was in our budget too.

Let me tell ya, I can do laundry in a flash. This thing has to hold 12 towels at a time. I can do over a week's worth of laundry in a day. Not even a day- how about 4 loads??

Anyways, I've always dreamt of getting a front loader with all the bells and whistles and lights and buttons and auto detergent thingy...dream on.

This thing is all anyone needs for a quarter of the price. No, it wasn't cheap but I think it will last.

That reminds me...I got laundry to do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

It's the simple things in life.... ;-)

4:34 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

When mine goes, you'll have to tell me what brand it is!!!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sara M said...

you too, huh? what is it with the spiders and laundry?

2:40 AM  
Blogger nihal said...

simple things make life worth living. we seem to not notice the house items how they are usefull until they quit their job. my dishwasher got broke twice in last 3 months and it was a horrible experience. so congrats on your new washer.

P.S around europe front loaders are the main item. i didnt know that you have to take care of the detergent with top loaders though..

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home