Friday, December 15, 2006

Locks Of Love


Yesterday I took The Boy for his first haircut. He was looking like a mix of Bo Duke and a hippie. The hair next to his ears was past the bottom of his earlobe. But his hair had a bit of a curl in the back and that makes my heart melt. So I procrastinated.
I want to take photos of him for the holidays. But not with the long hair, my in-laws would have had a cow. I took him to my hairdresser yesterday.
He sat on my lap. He kept trying to grab the comb and scissors. She cut a ton off, the photo is just a few of the curls. I want to make a mother's locket. Maybe I'll make one for each of his grandmothers also.
He's growing so quickly. Part of me wants to put up my hands and scream, "STOPPP!" as loud as I can. Part of me has day dreams of him running around, of him playing outside with other kids, of him going off to preschool....
He looks so mature with the new 'do. Someone told me he looks three. He's tall for his age, which I think makes it that much worse.
Ah, well. What do they say in that commercial? Oh, yeah.
Life comes at you fast.
Indeed, it does.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A haircut! Oh, that is such a big kid thing. I hope Sam doesn't need one for a good long time. I don't think I can take it.

8:55 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Awwwww! I love the firsts! The first haircut is sooo sweet. I still have Austin's soft first curls

I don't foresee Noah needing a haircut anytime soon, he still has a fuzzy peach melon.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home