Sunday, December 10, 2006

Second Sunday Fiber Guild

I went to a spinning guild meeting today. I met a few lovely women, all who spun so fast it was amazing (and dizzying) to watch. I didn't get to speak to them all, but some where spinning angora (rabbit and mohair both) which just looked beautiful. I can't wait to get more experienced so that I can finally start to do these fibers justice. I got a grab bag full of yummy fleece- some pencil roving, some natural colored wool and creamy dreamy cotton- which oddly enough I had my hands on in Rhinebeck, but put it down when I was told that it was difficult to spin. I won't attempt it anytime soon, but I'll keep it packed away!

Holiday knitting is in full swing. I haven't finished yet, although I'm getting closer. I'm dying to start a sweater for me, but refuse to until I finish up the stuff for others.

I also got a ton of handmade soap from my mom so if you are a local snb-er (you know who you are!) you might just be getting some. (Check out her site- Lovely Lathers. I can vouch that her stuff is beyond heavenly.)

How is everyone else's holiday knitting coming along??

2 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

mmm... handmade soap...

You'll get there!!! Practice, Practice, Practice...

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My holiday knitting has come to a screeching halt. I ran out of sock monkey yarn and I don't have a label because apparently Yarn Barn doesn't believe in labels! :(

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home