Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Spinning and Roving.

Lots of photos to share!


This is the first time that I'm using my "good" roving. I bought it in Rhinebeck and I have no definative idea of what type of wool it is. I know it's 70% wool and 30% acryllic. It's soft and really wants to zoooooom away from you. It's teaching me lighter, slower pedaling.
Without a flash:


With a flash:

Yes, you can see the different colors- the blues and greens mixed with the brighter pinks. I love the color!

These are 2 things I picked in a grab bag. I love grab bags. I was hoping for more roving.

Beautiful cotton: Someone once told me that if I ever needed to see how things would spin up, pull gently on the fibers. If they break off easily, it will be tougher to spin and likewise- if you can pull on it and the fibers stay connected, it should be easier to spin. Cotton is one of those fibers that you pull on and it immediately breaks. It will be fun...in a pulling-my-hair-out-crazy way.

Pencil roving:


I can't wait to use it and I'm almost tempted to knit with it as is just to see what would happen.

I have 2 holiday things left to knit and 2 weeks to finish them. Plus, for the first time ever the family is coming to my house for Christmas Eve. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. It's alot of pressure and I'll admit that it's all my fault. And honestly, I'm putting the pressure on myself and my family's not expecting too much.

Got any hints for me?


2 Comments:

Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Mittens thrummed with the pencil roving? ;)

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can knit with pencil roving. I wouldn't recommend it for something that needs to be hard wearing [like socks] but lots of people do. It'll give you a real fluffy, chunky fabric.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home