Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Loot

I know I mentioned in passing about some of the great holiday gifts I got. Here's photos:




My mom bought me a ton of pattern books- adult and kid's sweaters, socks, and 2 dishcloth books. She also picked up a pair of funky clear acryllic needles with white swirls running through them. And I got $50.00 worth of gift certificates to a lys. I haven't had a chance to go blow...I mean, spend it, yet.

My friend Jeannine bought me a calendar (which has some beautiful patterns in it and some not-so-beautiful ones too) and 2 pattern books from Debbie Macomber.

But the best gift I gave to myself-

I sat down and organized all of my pattern that I've downloaded and printed off the internet throughout the years. Whenever I see a pattern I print it out immediately. I saw a pattern on the web a few of years ago. I was too new to knitting to do it and figured I'd come back another time and print it out. When I went back to print it out, the author stopped knitting and blogging. I lost the opportunity to make the sweater. Lesson learned- I now print out patterns when I see them.

And now they go into my shiny new blue binder.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, you're my new hero! I thought I was the only one to actually ENJOY sitting down and organizing all my patterns and stuff into a binder. So cool.

1:28 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

You go, Woman! So organized! Yayyy for you!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sara M said...

Ooooh, looks like you'll be knee-deep in socks soon enough ^_^ (don't kill me for the bad pun, please...)

5:04 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Oh my gosh! You totally scored with the knittery loot!

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only organizing chick out there. I've got two seperate binders now; one for the patterns and one for my "journal" complete with pictures and swatches for every project. Well, every project until I moved. I need to work on that one a bit, I think.

5:11 AM  
Blogger nihal said...

it is a relief to see i am not the only one who saves and prints every other free pattern online :)

your gifts are great by the way. lucky you..

11:26 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Wow! I got the greatest presents ever! I bought myself that calendar. I'm not too pleased with January so far...Hopefully February will be better. :) And good job with the binder. You make me proud. haha

8:05 PM  
Blogger Fleece said...

I got that Knitting Calendar too. You've just reminded me that we're 17 days into 2007 and I haven't opened it yet!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for patterns! I got that calendar too and sat right down and looked through all the patterns -- then they would not go back in the box of course! I think the knit bunnies are worth the price of the calender alone... There were a number of machine knit projects though, which was a little disappointing.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I like binders too. I have three and need a fourth. And one is almost nothing but...sock patterns.

*blushes*

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home