Tuesday, January 23, 2007

See, I'm Knitting.


(And spinning. But we'll get to that in a bit.)

I began working on a sweater for me. (Regine is the sweater name. Free pattern on the side of her blog. Yeah, baby. Love them free patterns.) I started on one size, frogged the whole thing and started over. Like I said before, I'm knitting about 130 yards or so per day on this thing. The front and back are complete and the sleeves are getting there. I'm happy with it.

The color of the yarn is a cranberry/wine color. These photos do not do the yarn justice, but seeing as today was the only remotely-somewhat sunny day, it's all I could get. It's a Lana Grossa wool yarn. And size 9 needles.

I'm having a bit of difficulty with consistant tension. It's irritating. The yarn is, um, sprongy, if you know what I mean. No, that's not right. Um, how about springy? I knit tight. This yarn has alot of give to it. That leads to tension issues. We'll see what the miracle of blocking really does.

Now on to spinning. I bought a half pound of Bluefaced Leicester the other day and it's really a joy to pet and spin. First photo is with flash for color, second is without flash to show detail. (Yes Beth, they are the same photo).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lot of yarn.

The Regine looks cute!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home