Thursday, January 11, 2007

Someone Please Laugh.

The sweater I've been working very hard on for my dear, loving husband doesn't &#^%@ fit.

The arm length/width is perfect. The body is fine, maybe a bit short, but can be fixed.

However, the shoulders fit me.

I think my shoulders are the only petite place left on my body.

Not good. He's 6 feet tall with wide shoulders. How could this happen? Do I start over with a different sweater pattern?? I've ripped back the arms repeatedly. I really, really want this project d.o.n.e.

I've never had trouble like this on arms before. Ok, maybe I have, but I've been able to fudge it better, I guess. It's depressing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Unfortunately, I can be of no help. But don't worry, I'm certain it's saveable. Just wait until a more experienced sweater knitter pops by.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

That's horrible! I wish I had some advice for you, but I have only finished little kid sweaters.

8:55 AM  
Blogger sigrid said...

I think you can open up the sleeve, leaving an armhole attached. Then add in a wedge over the shoulder. It can be a style feature! I'm adding a sketch to the Yahoo snb photo page. It will eventually be posted.

Sigrid

1:17 PM  
Blogger Palindromes said...

I'd keep it maybe one day "our mascot" will fit into it. I'd just make a new one.

What's done is done.

1:43 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

what???? I really have no experience for men sweaters... Did you figure out how to do the neck band? Still puzzles me...

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Show us some pics and maybe we can help you out! Some ideas off the top of my head -- make the tops of the front and back a little wider, cutting into the arm holes. Or, make the sleeves a little longer so they can make up for the missing shoulder, sort of like a drop shoulder in reverse.


Good Luck!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home