Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wait...Did You Hear That??

No? You are right, it's QUIET!

The Boy is at Grammie's, probably learning to be spoiled or how to make a mean meat loaf.

Hubs is on a train, heading to the Ranger's game at Madison Square Garden this afternoon.

I slept until 10 am this morning. I made tea and ate a bowl of cereal in the peace and quiet of my empty house.

I didn't have to pee with the door open, yelling at someone (wonder who) to stop unrolling the toilet paper or to stop touching the faucet, only to drag him out while kicking and whining that he didn't get to "play" more. (Trust me, 14 month olds who don't talk still manage to get their point across loud and clear.)

I didn't have to watch Elmo and crew. I didn't have to wipe poop off a wiggling, giggling butt. I didn't have to get down on my hands and knees to search for a pacifier that someone threw overboard, behind his crib. I didn't have to mommy anyone!

I'm sitting down at the computer without a little blond head poking in and looking for attention.

I have nothing planned. Not a thing.

But it's quiet here.

Maybe too quiet.

Hmmm, I miss my boys.

5 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Ohhh, enjoy the quiet! I can't remember the last time I had that!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awww- I hope you were able to figure out something (or nothing) to do with a day all to yourself... like going to CVS and lingering in the Greeting Card aisle picking out a Valentine... (my husband is so understanding of my current state of greeting card disability)

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! You got used to the chaos, now you can't live without it :)

1:13 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Isn't it weird how quiet it really is when the kids are missing?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Isn't it funny how that works?

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home