Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Can I Voice An Opinion?

It's my opinion and mine alone. (maybe, maybe not.)

So at the beginning of the year someone came up with the idea of "Knit from your stash." There's rules, of course. It's supposed to last for 9 months and granted, you can change whatever rules you need. All you have to do is google it and you'll see that there's a ton of knitters doing this.

It gives me a heart ache.

In the last 2 weeks I've heard about 2 lys in my state closing their doors forever.

Ugh.

There's been times when I've had to go on a yarn diet. I understand not having the money or room for new yarn. I get that. But these stores have a hard enough time trying to keep their doors open even when we knitters support them fully.

Give yarn shops a break. Take a good look at your stash, take a good look at your bank account.

Then by all means, go shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

I need some yarn. I need some awesome patterns. I need time to knit/crochet. And I LOVE looking around yarn stores. What's this "Knit from you stash" stuff? Are people crazy?!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

This is a good example of the best intentions biting us in the ass.

Truth be told, these folks have a difficult time staying afloat, whether or not we knit from our stashes. With internet competition, it's tough all around.

That being said, the knit from your stash think is not helping.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home