Saturday, February 17, 2007

Confession...

I have something really embarrassing to say. It makes me hide my head in shame. It makes me want to not shower. It's not funny.

I have a pink bathroom.

Not a fun, happy pink color. Oh no, this thing is bubble gum, knock your socks off, 1960's flower power pink. Look at the photo from a few days ago, when Hubs was putting the new window in. Bet ya didn't notice it then, did ya?? Well, all you have to do is glance into the actual room and the color slaps you on the face like only bubble gum pink can.

So, Hubs and I have been saving up for a demo job and rebuild. The bathroom was demo'ed yesterday. This weekend I'm hiding...nay, taking refuge at the in-laws.

I will put up photos of the before and after when all is said and done.

Wish Hubs some luck this weekend, will you? He needs all the good rebuilding thoughts that he can get.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's nothing to be ashamed of.

I once had a silver bathroom. See the book, "Interior Desecrations," and you'll have a good idea of what I'm talking about.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Palindromes said...

Ha ha ha,

I saw the pink the first time. I was really hoping your were temporally insane if you had painted that color.

Well, at least you have admitted you have a problem now you can get on the road to recovery.

Oh, I am so happy you said something. I don't think I would have been able to keep my laughter in to much longer.

ha ha ha
Thank for the laugh.

4:11 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Ohhh, I don't envy you and your hubs. Tearing out tile is messy. Good luck with that.

I read this post to my husband and he said, "Funny how you CHOSE bubble gum pink for our wall color. No one else would have done that." I think he doesn't like my choice... But it looked like a pretty pink on the color swatch, in my defense.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I noticed, but having had an avacado green bathroom (at one point) I didn't figure I had any room to talk about someone's color choices.

I can't wait to see the after pictures.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Greetings from Argentina! I noticed the bathroom color from that picture...my mom too has a crazy pink bathroom from the 60s. I know the pain you feel.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home