Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sanity Savers.

I'm sometimes amazed at the kindness of strangers.

The man behind me at the grocery store checkout line, who gave me fifty some-odd cents when I was short changed a couple of months ago. The Boy waved "bye-bye" to him and he told me that alone was worth the money.



The person who let me in during rush hour traffic, even though I know they were probably late for work.



And Sachi.



I should be sending her stuff. lol



Instead I get this in the mail...



It's a mixed bag of different fibers to spin!! This is perfect! I've wanted to try new stuff. It has a bit of everything- bamboo (heaven), a few ounces of the most gorgeous blue silk, icelandic wool(so soft! must.get.more.) and there's more!


Woman, I have no idea what I'm going to do for you...but it will be fibery, fuzzy and good. Trust me.


I have a finished baby sweater:



And a new hat.


You know, for not really knitting all that much, I sure am getting alot done.


Anyone know a good colorwork book? Although the front of the hat is perfect, the back where the strands connect looks like a war zone. I want to do fair isle. I want to do color stranding work. A hat was supposed to make me want to do more... Not so much.


And the biggest news!!


Are you sitting down??


My bathroom went from this...


To this!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Gorgeous bathroom!

Oh, and the fiber and knitting are nice, too. ;)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute FOs! And the bathroom is soooo nice!

As for Fair Isle, hmm, I own "The Art of Fair Isle." I like it pretty well. It goes deep into the history of the technique and a lot of good technical and color theory tips.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Oh, lady... you don't have to do anything for me. I know how it felt, being a new spinner, wanting to try new things but not having the funds, ability or access to different fibers. I had this stuff kicking around in the stash and just wanted to share.

I thought about sending you some cashmere but, HELLO? CASHMERE! I'm soooo keeping it for myself. ;-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Great job on the sweater and the bathroom!! You want to come over and redo my bathroom for me???

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

The bathroom looks fabulous!

The baby sweater is so cute (something about the tiny size always does me in with baby clothes).

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home