Thursday, May 31, 2007

12,810

Today I got up and decided to take a walk early. I've been doing battle with the blues again and walking is the best way for me to get some adrenaline. Plus, I'm not fitting into my summer clothes. So I packed up the Boy and away we went. It was warm, but not too warm. It felt great to get the blood flowing. I usually come up with the best excuses for not exercising. If you need one, let me know.
There's a used book store 1 mile away. They never have knitting books. EVER.
Anyways, we walk. And walk. And finally get to the book store. And sitting on the counter is a knitting book! I got Meg Swansen's Knitting for 9 bucks! I don't do color work, but after browsing through this, maybe I'll start. I can always trade it or sell it.

And the best part about it- I walked 12,810 steps. Over 3 miles. I feel like treating myself to some ice cream.

Wanna see Kiri on?
Here you go.


(Photos taken by Sami, the new Yale grad. I'm so proud of her!) And why didn't we take the photos in a nicer area? We were on Yale's beautiful campus for goodness sakes! Don't ask me. Sami kept trying to guide me to a nicer area....I dunno.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Good for you! I need to get out and take a walk myself. Thanks for the motivation...I'll take that rather than an excuse not to.

Kiri looks great on!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Kiri looks great. Maybe you should have a walking contest to get everyone motivated!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mystical Creation Yarns Elegant, Passionate, Inspiring Yarns said...

Can I post the picture on my blog? Of the shawl on the bed?

9:45 AM  
Blogger ChelleC said...

That's just beautiful. What colorway is it? I don't blame you not giving that lovely Kiri away.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home