Sunday, May 27, 2007

Creative Fibers- Windsor, CT

This store was on the way back from Mass. Sheep and Wool fest. We got directions from a super sweet girl who's mother just happened to work at Creative Fibers! It's right off of 91 on route 75, in a strip mall with a few other stores.

We walked in and were amazed at the selection and how organized everything was. I enjoy organization in others, especially my yarn stores.

The employees were nice, but not too nice. They asked each of us if we needed help, but didn't follow us around. When I asked if they had a particular designer, the woman said no, but would be happy to order it for me.

There was also a large seating area with a few comfy chairs and a big table for classes.

All in all, they were helpful, kind, and if they were closer, this would definitely be a lys that I'd support.

I will make mention that their prices were slightly higher in the store than some other places I'd seen. But I'd be willing to pay extra for a quality shopping experience.

Creative Fibers in Windsor, CT. I like 'em. Go see them if you get a chance.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... man, I wish I'd known you were going (did I miss it?), I would have tried to spot you in the crowd. If you saw the girl in the wheel chair (my best friend) you probably saw me too. :)

Assuming of course you were there on Saturday.

We'll have to see about stopping there on our way back next year, I've never been and it sounds like a great store.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

It does sound like a great store! And it sounds like you have a wonderful day. :)

4:17 AM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

You were one mile from me. One. Mile.

Dude.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Yeah, Lilith. We know.

If we had ANY idea how to get a hold of you, we would have.

And Tina M. I did see you and your friend. I have no idea if there was a meetup or anything, plus I usually don't like to do those sort of things anyways.

It was a good day.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

I have forwarded this post to my mom. She's been going religiously to a store in West Hartford - I don't think she knew this one existed :-)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home