Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dear Lost House/Car Keys

Please come out of hiding. I know your loving friend- Jack Henry- had them in his grimy little baby paws just a short time ago and now they are no where to be found.

I can live without my sapphire earring. I can not replace these keys. Enough is enough.

Sincerly,
Your owner

PS. I started a diet yesterday. So not only am I PMSing, I'm also super crabby over not having sweets AND having to eat applesauce. Oh my poor family.


9am Update: Still no keys. I have torn my entire house apart. I just had my sectional apart for the second time, looking through the cushions, under the whole thing, behind it. Ugh. I'm fearing that he might have swallowed them. But how can a baby swallow 5 keys, 3 key rings, a mini flashlight and a keychain? Please tell me it's not possible. He chokes on raisins, he can't swallow keys! There's just no way.

11:12am Update: Found them. They were shoved inside another toy, then tossed over the baby gate and into the kitchen. Brrreeeeeaaatttthhheeeeee.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Maybe the two ran off together. ;)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I thought that whole misplaced keys thing was a just a Maryland wool fumed induced thing!! I also just started a diet! So I feel your pain! No sugar!! ARGH!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Heather, it wasn't just Maryland. Usually I find them pretty quick. Tonight we've searched on and off since 7. Five hours later and there's still no keys!

EEEK!

Christie, your comment made me laugh. They could take the car, couldn't they!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Did you find the keys? I hate it when I lose things like that. My DH finally had to institute a put the keys in the same place policy (for me).

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay - glad you found them! When things go missing around here, more often than not it's because the cats have absconded with it. Like the paintbrush under the table. Or the bagels in the bedroom.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

At least you found your keys in a timely matter...better than the days it took me many years ago when I laid them on clean folded clothes, with more clean clothes on top, and didn't find them until I put my clean clothes away. Everything was searched (except the pile of clean clothes because why would they be there?).
Moral of the story for you: don't share your keys with the wee-one. If he has a fascination with keys, ask a key shop if they have un-usable blanks or old keys you can have--create a key set for the child that doesn't include yours.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home