Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I've started the October birthday girl surprise sweater. It's been a long, long time coming. This girl has been a close friend of mine for years and she deserves it greatly. Plus, she's always complaining that her house is cold. I know it's perfect for her.
I've made my required mistake early and it's quite noticable. I don't know if I should rip the couple of stitches back (it's down about 2 inches), retwist the wrong way stitches to the right way or if I'm just going to convince myself that it's the back of the sweater and no one will notice.
Hmmm.
Yeah, I'm probably ripping.
Perfectionist....who, me??
The stitch pattern is pretty easy and since I no longer need the cable needle (dare I even say this?) it's going very quick. (Why did I even write that out loud????) I find that with most charted things I can convince myself that I need to finish both the even and odd rows. Makes it go much quicker if I force myself to do that.
Off to get my hair cut. NHSnB'ers, I'll see you tonight!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

You'll rip it. You know you will. ;-)

2:21 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

I can't see the mistake in your picture. But I'm the same way, I would have to fix it or it would bug me until it would be a complte pain to fix it.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm digging that pattern a lot. And the color. And the yarn looks cool too.

I think I have project crush going on here. Also: cannot see any mistake.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I would rip. You don't want it bugging you. I tend to rip mistakes early in a project and become more forgiving as time goes on.

Cabling without a needle! GO YOU!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

Let them rip!!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger anphoe said...

I noticed you got a hair cut last night, I didn't say anything because I thought you got it a while ago, and I am usually quiet anyway. But hey, nice hair cut, really :D and man, I love the shawl.

10:55 AM  
Blogger anphoe said...

oh, by the way, thanks for the swift tips, I ordered from Joann this morning, 50% off, $37.10 with tax. Awesome!! Thank you for your help!!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home