Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kiri Shawl- Done (Well, Almost)


I started this shawl (pdf) about a week ago. It's a fast knit and an easy peasy pattern to remember- and to find your mistakes. (That's the biggest trick that no one tells you with doing lace.)
I love lace. And it's all her fault.
The yarn is Mystical Creation Yarn's cotton in their Tempest colorway- which I got 20% off when she closed her etsy shop. She's still selling yarn, don't worry. Check out her ebay store. Trust me when I say it's worth it!
Was this yarn supposed to be for someone else, yes. Is the shawl staying with me? Yes. Sorry, Tanya. I'll make ya something else- I promise.
Mesilla is in a holding pattern until I can find more Gedifra Beauty Cotton in white. I had no idea that I'd use a whole skein, but I have. All that needs to get done is the neckline. Sooo close.
Up next? This. I did a swatch and have the back started. It's been awhile since I've done a full blown cabled sweater. It's going to be fun. (Bless you, Lilith, for non-teaching me how to do cables without a needle.)
And to the person who emailed me and to the anonymous commentor (same person?? I have no idea)- no, I never make sweaters to sell. I say check your local yarn store. They typically have people there (or know others who can knit what you want.) Thanks so much for the compliments. I'm glad you guys like the blog and the knitting. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sachi said...

Oh, yes. I must also make those cabled sweaters. Both. Like now.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Kiri is beautiful. I tried that pattern...but was not successful. I'm not jealous though... :)

7:53 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

Oh, those cable sweaters are gorgeous. Might start one in the fall, since it's so difficult to work on a warm wool project when it's so hot outside!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

that is beautiful! which (type) of danielle's cotton did you use..and how much? I've had that pattern saved to make sometime, and was hoping to find the right yarn to go with it.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home