Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Breathing Deep

The pattern for Moonlight Sonata is wrong, horribly wrong. It goes along fine until row 9. Things go downhill quickly from there. I spent all afternoon trying to fix it- rip, knit, mistake, check pattern, rip, knit, mistake, check pattern, repeat. I finally gave up, opened a Magner's hard cider and went to SnB. I brought everything with me, showed the master knitter/designer extradinare and she agreed that the pattern was wrong.

So, what do I do? Do I email Elann? Do I email the designer? This is supposed to be from a Barbara Walker book, shouldn't be clean of errata? It seems like no one else has knit this- I can't find anyone who blogged about making it, only about people who've oohhed and aaahhhed over it.

Breathing deep.

I also started seeing my therapist (again) after a long break. Tomorrow is another meeting and I have to cancel last minute because I don't have a baby sitter. I know there's people I can call, I just can't do it. Hubs is calling his mother in the morning to see if she can take him.

Breathing deep.


And as a side note for those who've asked: inside the Tiffany's box was a crystal bowl.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

I say get a hold of both! Even though the pattern is free [and very beautiful] it should be free of mistakes!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Emily G said...

Hey!

I didn't realize it was from a Barbara Walker pattern. Tell me which one (if you can) and I'll give the actual pattern. I have the first three treasuries.

Emily

10:19 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Check with the Barbara Walker book. Compare pattern write-up. Check for error adjustments (in the book, on-line). Write or better yet...call...Elann and give them *#@@. So much for "free" patterns.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

Argh! Pattern errors are a nightmare.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home