Monday, June 18, 2007

Long Goodbye, The Easy Way.

I've been contemplating changes lately. After going through the stash and seeing a couple of unfinished things, I've decided to say goodbye to one in particular. Hubs' sweater.


It started out as Durrow. I couldn't get the cables to look remotely correct. (I still am enamored by this sweater and I even told Jodi, the designer, how much I loved it and that it kicked my ass.) So I decided to alter the sleeves. I made no other changes. It didn't fit. Not remotely. My husband is a big guy- thin and tall, with a long torso and wide shoulders. But it should have fit! I was so pissed off at the thing that I threw it aside and let it stew in it's own alone-ness. I wouldn't even put it in the new stash closet.

Tonight, we say a long goodbye, the easy way.

Magners, the sweater and a ball winder.




I still haven't located the missing circular needles needed for the special birthday sweater so I have to use straights instead. Damn it. Anyhow, I've been missing this project and I think I've taken a long enough break on it. Tomorrow I'll pick it up again.

I'm off to bed early. The Boy had me up at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m. this morning after going to bed at midnight. No one knows how much I need my beauty sleep better than me.

**Crap! I just rejected 2 comments instead of approving them. Sh!t! Sorry Tina and Patty. Crap. That's what I get for trying to blog at 7am. Yeah, after being woken up by Hubs at midnight AND 2am. Grr. So much for the extra sleep. Sorry girls.

Patty said, "Your Saturday post? Too, too funny! The sweater looks so scrumptious! So sad that it didn't work out. I feel your pain. Hopefully, it will turn into something again some day."

And Tina said, "LOL Oh no... what sweet sorrow! Great idea with the ball winder there, but I'm so sorry you were thwarted in the first place. Damned sweater, may it suffer the agonies of hell for the sorrow it unleashed!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Yeah, get some rest! It's good to say goodbye to a project that was lacking. It is a beautiful sweater.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, bummer. But you gotta do what you gotta do. If the project doesn't deliver, rip away. And easy way = best way. With beer.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Dottie from goodcrafternoon! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm back!

But I love this post. I particularly like the bottle of beer off to the side during the frogging session. Clearly alcohol helps with frogging. Oh yes indeed!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home