Thursday, June 28, 2007

Movie Magic

New Haven is all abuzz because they started filming the next installment of the Indiana Jones movies here. We had a knitting meetup last night so I walked with a friend down to the filming area. They've changed so many things on Chapel Street to make it look like the 1950's. It was amazing!

We passed by a couple of people in costumes, a few food tents and some large trucks full of movie making crap.

Here's a few shots I took:

This tavern is really a Starbucks. If you look close, you can see on the right hand side a large white sign that says, "Starbucks Coffee" on it.

Below was an old Mack truck. I loved the doggy on the hood.

They gave us a "Woolworths"

Another store front. Everything was so detailed.

And the utility guys changing the lights over.

Alot of the townies were complaining of the traffic- both pedestrian and auto. I think it's good for the city to have news to report other than violence. Lately every time I turn on the TV someone's telling me about a teenager killing another teenager over drugs or guns. Or robberies or the war. Good news is just that- good. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Miss Dottie here, but Blogger is being a hater and not letting me post other than anonymously.

But thanks for keeping the faith in my site. I love yours and check it all the time!

Take care and I love New Haven!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Wow! I'd put on Saddle Shoes and a poofy skirt and go take pictures!

But don't forget the red lipstick and blue eyeshadow.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

How exciting! Tom Hanks shot part of 'That Thing You Do' in the old part of my parent's town [you can see a lot of it when Liv Tyler is running down the street when they played the Oneders song on the radio]. It's cool how they repaint everything and it looks like you stepped on a studio lot.

Maybe someone will meet Harrison Ford or Steven Speilberg! Or maybe you can be an extra!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Movie-making is just so fun! I always get such a kick when they film movies in our neck of the woods. If you catch Evan Almighty, all of the downtown scenes were filmed here in Richmond, and the more country scenes in Charlottesville (VA).

12:23 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Oh how fun! My hometown in New Jersey had a movie invasion for a terrible airplane themed movie and they transformed the book store into a toy shop. Thanks for the pictures!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home