Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reassurance

I emailed Elann last night and was asked about the pattern this morning. The customer service person was very nice and professional. I explained where I had my issue.

In the next email she reassured me that she had no problem with the pattern at that point, that I must have added a stitch by increasing instead of decreasing.

Um, no. How did I have the right number of stitches?

She mentioned that there was one mistake- a knit stitch that should have been purled, but that doesn't make a stitch pattern totally wrong.

She reiterated that she had no problem with the stitch count or with the decreases being in the wrong area. So now it's war. Me vs. this damn shawl. Oh, I'm sooo making it now. Go ahead, laugh. (I can hear the NH SnB girls laughing from here. They know how truly ocd I can be.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Sorry, I did give a chuckle. So what are you doing? Ripping and starting over? Did the representative actually say she knit it or just read the pattern?
May the knitting goddess be with you. I look forward to updates and pictures.

5:06 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Oh boy... Is that the same one you were frogging the other night? Good luck with it. At least I got someone to KAL with for MS3 :)

9:46 PM  
Blogger erasmus (aka jiva) said...

I googled to try and find info on the moonlight errata and it brought me here. I'm with you. The whole thing does not add up on the borders. The repeats central seems ok but i've not got that far.
thanks for posting about this for my sanity.
(jiva - posting as her cat)

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home