Thursday, June 07, 2007

There's A HUGE Tiffany & Co. Box In My Home.

I drove just under an hour to purchase a gift for someone who is getting married in a few months. Her swanky shower is in a couple of days. I hemmed and hawed over this gift for longer than I should have. I know she's going to love it! I've always wanted something, anything from this store. It seems extremely opulent and pretentious to write that out loud. But I don't care.

I've been spinning my butt off:

And I have 2 other partly full bobbins somewhere around here. So far, I've been getting in about an hour every other day. I've seen a clear difference in my spinning, even from these last few times of sitting at the wheel. I find my hands are no longer thinking of what to do, they just do it naturally. I can also correct more of my mistakes easier than a couple of months ago- I'm also making less of them. Yay for spinning! Now if I could just make *something* out of yarn I make. lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara M said...

That's not a terrible goal at all. I admit it, it's been *my* life goal since I was 12 to own a pair of diamond earrings from Tiffany & Co. At least we're not planning global domination, right?

4:20 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Hooray for spinning! Just so you know, I did long-draw for like 2 weeks and then tried to go back to worsted lastnight. Didn't go so well even though I couldn't do long-draw worth anything until now and worsted was my oyster. Maybe I need two wheels so that I can keep my chops up on both. ;-)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Who wouldn't be giddy about a gift in a Tiffany's box?

I almost bought a keychain from the NYC store. Just because.

I think I'm holding out for a big old diamond. ;)

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home