Friday, June 15, 2007

There's OCD And Then There's Crazy.

So I sat down this morning, gung-ho to restart the Moonlight Sonata Shawl. I was again reassured by the nice lady at Elann.com that the pattern was correct and I should have no problem.

I casted on 45 stitches (no way in hell was I going to do all 100 stitches...no way), enough for 2- 12 stitch repeats, plus extras required for the pattern. I get to row 8 with no problem. My stitch count works, I was so excited to get to row 9. I get through the first 12 stitch repeat fine...second repeat- not so much. Same issue, same spot. What the F^CK?
I may be OCD but I'm not crazy.

So, I ripped out my swatch, threw out the pattern (again) and picked up the needles for a swatch for my Mystery Stole 3 knitalong.

Beautiful. Bought the beads and the obnoxiously tiny crochet hook. The swatch is perfect and I'm ready to go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

What a bummer! I'm surprised there isn't anyone else who has made it.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just signed up for Mystery Stole 3 the other day too...what kind of yarn are you using? I still have to order my supplies.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Find a different pattern...there are dozens+ out there. Obviously there is an error. I declare you the winner. You gave it a second chance.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

I finally found someone who's knit the Moonlight Sonata (it was slow at work yesterday!)--her post about the start is here: http://seejayneknit.blogspot.com/2007/04/contest-close-is-drawing-nigh.html

She didn't say anything about an error, but she does say it became easier when she was able to read what she'd knit already--do you suppose she stopped following the pattern at that point, and didn't een notice it?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

I'm with Laurie. You win.

1:56 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

What size is your swatch after you block it? do you mind bringing it to SnB Wed so I can compare with mine?

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home