Monday, June 25, 2007

When I Was Younger.

As a late teen and well into my twenties, I had no problem staying up to all hours of the night- drinking, flirting, laughing...Now, if I don't get atleast 6 hours straight, I'm a basket case.

Today is one of those days- again.

The Boy is going through a phase. It's the "I don't want to sleep in my own crib by myself so I'm going to scream bloody murder for 10 minutes til you can't stand it any longer and come and rescue me" phase.

De-light-ful.

He woke up at 1:30 this morning. Hubs went in and gave him the binkie back. As Hubs is walking out the door, The Boy gave this huge screech. This wakes me up. The Boy wouldn't go back to sleep. Finally at 1:45 I dumped him into the pack 'n play in our room, where he played, sang and intermittently cried on and off til about 2:45. Oh, and he woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning at 6:30.

I'm exhausted.

I know I have things to do around the house. It has to wait. I need to go back and get some sleep.

I long for the days when I was younger- I'd wake up at 7am, work 'til 6pm, go home, sleep for an hour, get up- shower, change, go out til 2:30 am, go home, sleep til 7...start all over again.

Those were the days.

I went to Webs on Saturday. Here's the new stash enhancement! (I'll take photos later, when I feel like I can actually hold a camera steady.)

12 skiens of Kona Bay Pima Cotton. Beautiful stuff. I got them for 3 dollars each!
1 extra skein of Valley Yarns for the Super Secret Cabled Sweater.
2 old Interweave mags. I love the old ones and hope to have all of them someday.

We also stopped at a used book store which had a decent craft section. I picked up a hard cover Rowan book for 10 bucks. I love Kim Hargreaves' patterns but refuse to pay her prices for the kits she sells. There's a bunch of her patterns in this book.

I love the time I get to spend with the New Haven SnB gang. They make me laugh, feel good and like I can be myself. Thanks for a great day, girls!

5 Comments:

Blogger weeble wobble said...

haha i second you on everything in the post- I am not one of those ppl who can function on just a few hours of sleep.

ditto to hanging out with New Haven SnB chicas- I haven't even known you all that long but I feel like one of the gang! it's wonderful.
-KT

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

I am thinking back to the days when I would go to the local fair and spend the entire day walking around and riding stuff. Then I think back to, oh.... Saturday and wonder how the F(*^ I made it through.

7:06 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Yeah, totally agreed on the whole staying up late and getting up early thing. I think I once pulled an "all week"er, I think I got a grand total of 2 hours of sleep for a whole week, starting from Sunday morning 8am to Friday 10pm. Yeah... School blows then (24 credits with 3 jobs and a boyfriend, not a fun time).

I missed out on the trip :( But that's okay, I'll have to make up for it :)

10:57 PM  
Blogger sue said...

Whhhaaaaa...(I'd like some cheese with that, please)
I wanted to join you guys for the Monday SnB, but had to do the grip and grin thing for a fundraiser. Missed you guys. Now, go get some much needed sleep -- and maybe a touch of Benedryl in The Boys bedtime bottle??? ; ) Sue

6:18 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Hey--

Are you bringing your new yarn tonight?

Same thing with the sleeping for me too--and I distinctly remember that I used to be known for not needing to sleep.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home