Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Feeling A Little Sick.

I started clue two of MS3. I also get the daily digests- literally hundreds of posts in neat increments of 25. It makes it easier to skim and read what I want- from who I want.

Anyways, there's been guesses as to what the mystery stole theme would be. Some have been clever, some from left field. One has me shaking.

A spider.

Who the hell wants to make a shawl with a spider on it?? Never mind that, but who would want to wear it??

Please, someone, reassure me that it's not a spider!!!

Ew.

I have to go shower now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of those weird ones who thinks it would be pretty cool. It fits with the whole thread, spinning, and fiber theme of knitting. I think the cabled spider in Barbara Walker's book is one of the coolest knitting motif uses I've ever seen.

I'm guessing you have a phobia though?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Personally, I think spiders are quite lovely as long as they are the kind that don't move on their own... Like silver or something.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

I don't know if this is better or worse, but the end of clue 2 (where the hexagons start) makes me think of honeycombs.

But I'm hoping that any theme won't be interpreted that literally--that whatever it is won't actually be pictured in the lace (like the Scheherazade stole doesn't have a picture of her, it just looks vaguely Arabian, and Leda's Dream doesn't actually have pictures of swans.)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home